Wednesday, April 29, 2015

{Healthy} Cinnamon Buns

By UGM collaborator, Neetu from Cinnamon's Synonyms!

Spring is here... and summer is near! You know what that means... swimsuit season! This also means time to face the fact that I can't hide under baggy sweatshirts anymore :'( sniff.

On a serious note... it really is all about being healthy! My energy levels have been so low lately and I blame it on all the chocolate I have been eating (I may have a slight chocolate addiction).

This is how I sustained my addiction over the past school year, perhaps you can relate:

1. September: Buy Halloween candy for October. Eat all the candy. Go out and buy more so I actually have candy to hand out to the kids.
1. October: Raid son's Halloween bag. Take out my fave chocolates (all that sugar isn't good for him anyway!).
2. November: Continue eating Halloween candy. Holiday parties begin. Eat chocolate at all the parties. Notice that stretchy pants are getting tight (uh oh!!).
3. December: Receive way too many chocolates from students. Eat chocolates from students.
4. January: Continue eating Christmas chocolates, thanks to all my students who LOVE buying me chocolates.
5. February: Valentines chocolates.
6. March: See Easter chocolates everywhere. Must eat.
7. April: Easter is here. Continue eating Easter chocolates!!

End of April: Realize I've gained ten pounds and none of last summer's clothes fit me anymore. *Sniff*

I love sweet stuff but I also enjoy being healthy... sooo I've been on a hunt for healthy-esque recipes to help me through my addiction!

Looky what I found... it's not chocolate... but it has cinnamon and sweetness and everything I need to satisfy my sweet tooth! Plus it's packed with protein - something you just can't find in a Mars Bar!


To check out the recipe for these healthy cinnamon buns, click on the image. "Get Fit With Sonia" is my go to blog for healthy recipes right now! I'm loving it! Tons of healthy twists on sugary treats!!

Now if I could just hit the gym a little more often, I would be on my way to fitting into last summer's clothes again! ;)

Comment below if you have some recipes for healthy treats! I would love to add them to my recipe box! Healthy teachers make happy teachers, so make sure you're taking care of yourselves my friends!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...