Monday, April 20, 2015

Healthy & Easy Teacher Lunches and Snacks



One of the most common conversations I hear in our lunch room is eating healthy. Between the sweet treats students bring in and the utter lack of time in our day, we usually end up eating quick and unhealthy meals (or even worse, cafeteria food!).

It took a complete revamp of our finances to even inspire me to take the time to eat in a healthier (and cheaper) way. Over the last couple of years I've made it my mission to find great healthy teacher lunches!

Finding Healthy Lunches on Pinterest
There are A LOT of Pinterest posts to sort through on healthy lunches. I've learned to look for a few details when sifting through all of these recipes:

  • 5 ingredients or less is very important in order to save time and money
  • grouping recipes with shared ingredients also saves time and money
  • pictures that show how the meal is organized in a container are even more helpful

My last piece of advice for Pinterest is to try 1-2 recipes every week so that it's not completely overwhelming!

Below is my Pinterest board with my very favorite teacher lunch ideas!
Follow Performing in Education's board Pack a Lunch! on Pinterest.




Packing Your Lunch
Invest in some good containers! If you like having snacks to go with your lunch, try these 3-compartment containers. If you prefer hot lunches, Pyrex glass containers are a great choice!




Healthy Snacks
I find that the morning between breakfast and lunch is when I end up eating the most sweet treats, so having healthy snacks is really important. I purchase nuts, healthier popcorn, and granola to put in snack size bags for my classroom. I keep these close to eat whenever I see a cupcake or feel like I need a boost.


My Snack Bin

My favorite snack lately is BOOMCHICKAPOP. The sea salt popcorn is delicious and is one of the few appealing snacks I could find without sugar. I picked up my bag at Target!



What do you do to eat healthy at school?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...