Monday, December 22, 2014

December Memoirs from My Family to Yours!


Welcome to another day of December Memoirs here at Upper Grades Memoirs! My name is Jennifer Smith-Sloane and most of the time you can find me over my blog 4mulaFun

December to me is a time for family, traditions and making memories and always has been since I was a little girl. I grew up loving the Christmas season and all that was in store each year. We always put up our tree after Thanksgiving and decorated it full of ornaments. Now that my husband and I are making our own traditions we have started to go and cut down our tree as I never did that growing up although he did.



Besides decorating it with our ornaments each year we do switch out on our lights that go on the tree. I am a WHITE LIGHTS kind of girl but he is all about the COLORED! HAHA! We decided last year that we would switch each year so that we could each get our favorite.


And another tradition that we have is that we alternate spending Christmas Day (well actually the week of Christmas) with our families since they live 700 miles apart (Dallas, TX to Omaha, NE). This is an Omaha year which means I am on the road to see my in-laws. Thankfully we have rented a hotel this year and I hope to do some work in the car on the way there but we all really know that means take as much of a nap as possible!

Here's to hoping I get to play in some snow while I'm in Nebraska. There is an 80% chance for rain/snow tomorrow (Tuesday)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...